The Spring term Governors' Forum meeting is due to take place on:
Thursday 15 March 2018, 7pm at Orford Jubilee Hub
Paul King from Green Lane - Headteacher, Green Lane Special School
To include discussion of:
* why special schools are necessary
* how pupils are identified as needing a special school
* how such pupils needs are identified and assessed
* how the curriculum compares with that of other schools
* how could, or should, other schools work with special schools
If you would like to attend please contact Lisa Adams (email@example.com)
Spring Term 2018 Governing Body Papers
Attached are the Spring Term 2018 agenda papers for discussion at Governing Body meetings.
Governing Body Agenda papers
Attached are the Governing Body Agenda papers to be discussed at Autumn term meetings.
FREE - Church School Governance Training Programme (CSGTP)
Dear Headteacher/Chair of Governors
Liverpool Hope University is pleased to offer your school 2 free places on the Church School Governance Training Programme (CSGTP)
The Hope Church School Governance Training Programme (CSGTP) is aimed at Governors and Trustees (Directors) in both church schools and schools with a distinctively Christian ethos, providing support for Governors and Trustees (Directors) committed to working on school improvement. The programme has been very specifically designed to raise awareness of the changing expectations of Governing Boards and meeting today’s challenges in the education sector, whilst still holding on to the mission and vision of a church school. The programme has been developed by experts and professionals with a background in church school leadership, governance and inspection.
The programme provides a foundation level, which includes an online module and access to a full day conference. Further options are available in an advanced level but are not compulsory.
- Governors and trustees (directors) working in church schools
- Governors working in other designated schools
The full CSGTP programme includes:
- Level 1 (Foundation): Completion of an online module (January to April 2018) and access to a one day conference (Saturday 9th June 2018, optional).
- Level 2 (Advanced): Completion of a ‘Leading in Church Schools’ module, to include a Train the Trainer workshop (September - December 2018).
Cost: FREE: This programme is subsidised*
*Please note that places are limited. Maximum of 2 places per school can be booked.
For further information and/or to register please contact:
The CPD Team
Faculty of Education
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool, L16 9JD.
T: 0151 291 3061/3093